The Government of East Java holds the annual Majapahit International Travel Fair (MITF), the international culture and tourism event. The event is the right platform to promote culture and tourism potentials of East Java in particular and Indonesia in general. The annual event, which has been held for twenty one times, has always been successful and attended by a lot of participants from East Java, other provinces, and overseas.
Majapahit International Travel Fair 2020 specially Travel Exchange will be held on June 24-27, 2020 at Bumi Surabaya City Resort, Surabaya. The theme chosen for Majapahit International Travel Fair 2020 is Explore Culinary Delights, to showcase East Java’s Culinary-based cultural and natural diversity as tourist destinations. It is one of the efforts of East Java Government to increase tourist arrival to East Java. It is also expected that MITF can enhance the contribution of tourism sector and open business opportunity for people.
MITF which is the most considerable tourism event for promotion, entertainment and knowledge combines the programs of Travel exchange (Travex), culture and tourism exhibition, and regional art performances.
MITF programs include Travex, a business meeting set in Table Top format between East Java tourism industries as sellers meeting with domestic and overseas tourism industries as buyers. It is potential to help domestic, regional and international tourism business promote and market their products also build networking. MITF programs also include Tourism Exhibition which is attended by participants from East Java and other provinces, showcasing their tourism products, facilities, and services.
The annual Majapahit International Travel Fair consistently places East Java on the national and international tourism map. The objectives of MITF are as follows:
1. Creating business opportunities between East Java tourism industries and other provinces and overseas tourism industries
2. Increasing domestic and foreign tourist arrival to East Java
3. Serving as promotional platform for tourism destinations in East Java and other provinces in Indonesia
4. Maintaining/ strengthening the cooperation between government and private sectors
5. Improving the capability of tourism operators especially on promotion, marketing and negotiation
6. Increasing peoples’ appreciation on the important role of tourism industries in supporting regional and national economy
7. Making East Java a national major tourist destination.
8. Conserving the values of regional culture
Venue : Bumi Surabaya City Resort, Jl. Basuki Rachmat, Surabaya